Do you have a passion for technology and helping others? Are you unbound by convention and can think outside the box? Can you understand complex and highly specialized technology and explain it in terms that others can understand?
AptoVision is a designer and manufacturer of advanced chipsets for the pro AV market. Our chips enable products that rely on Ethernet as a platform for distribution and switching, and as a replacement for the traditional matrix switch. Our customers are product manufacturers in that space.
As part of our continued growth and commercialization efforts, we are looking for driven candidates to be part of our customer-focused team at our Montreal headquarters. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, in addition to hands-on training and the opportunity to be part of a growing and enthusiastic team. Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Experience Specialist
With a fast-growing Customer list, AptoVision is seeking a customer experience specialist to take full charge of all collateral provided by AptoVision to our customers, including creating, managing, and delivering this content. Responsibilities of this position will include building a training curriculum to introduce customers to our products and guide them through the design process; establishing and managing a documentation control system and process; creating, maintaining and distributing documents as well as managing the KB for AptoVision’s network of dynamic and innovative pro AV equipment manufacturers, integrators and adopters. Your mission is to ensure the quality and relevance of all content presented to customers to maximize their use and understanding of AptoVision technology for timely and smooth execution of projects, from evaluation to deployment. You will be a key member of a customer-centric team focused on rapid response to technical questions and issues reported by our clients. To that end, you will also serve as front-line support to reproduce and triage customer issues, offer workarounds, and pass more serious issues to product management and/or engineering.
AptoVision’s customers expect a high level of support during all phases of our engagement: evaluations of our demonstration platform, detailed hardware design and bring-up, software application design (interaction with our API), and finally “backstop” support for end user issues that arise in installations. Throughout this process, high quality documentation plays a critical role in optimizing adoption of the product and enhancing the customer experience. The customer experience specialist position takes customer feedback as a core source for data improvement, leveraging external and internal communications and to continuously improve our documentation.
You’ll be successful by ramping up fast, on a self-directed mission to understand every layer of the AptoVision solution, including customer hardware as well as AptoVision’s chips, firmware, and software API. A deep “under the hood” understanding will be key to success.
You possess excellent planning and organizing skills that you will apply directly to the infrastructure for management of the documentation library and distribution process to customers, AptoVision sales and marketing and product management teams as required.
This position Reports to the senior manager of customer support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creation and ownership of all customer-facing content, including
- Training and how-to videos
- Product manuals
- Application notes
- User guides
- Evaluation kits
- Online product knowledge base
- Maintenance and organization of these materials as a coherent library
- Develop, improve, and formalize content control processes and procedures
- Customer technical training, at customer sites and online
- Primary interaction point with customers during introduction and training phases, which may occur during their design-in of a new AptoVision product, or integration of new features on existing products
- Building strong direct relationships with customers’ technical teams
- Data analysis, including:
- Data mining and filtering to identify trends in content health (i.e., What is working? What is not working?)
- Applying results of data analysis to prioritize improvements to content in order to maximize positive customer experience
- Apply criteria to identify the most effective means for providing information (i.e., should this tip be in a reference manual, knowledge base, or training session?)
- Some amount of front-line customer technical support, especially during the learning phase of your AptoVision career
Qualifications for the successful candidate will include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in highly technical training, covering issues around design and system integration
- Electrical/electronics/SW engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience covering:
- Hardware architecture, design, test and troubleshooting
- Networking Protocols
- Linux, software drivers, microcontrollers/microprocessors low-level S/W driver configuration
- Creation of technical documentation and training materials
- Advanced publishing tools skills (word processing, database, web page creation/editing, simple video editing)
- Ability to obtain data through effective Q&A
- The ability to work with engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion (less than 10% of time)
- Excellent verbal, written, and Customer communications skills
- Language required: fluent oral and written English. French and other languages are an asset