Field Application Engineer (FPGA/ASIC)
Based in Ville St-Laurent, Quebec, AptoVision is a privately held corporation delivering cutting edge technologies for current and next generation Audio-Video (AV) signal processing and distribution systems. These are exciting times at AptoVision as we gain worldwide recognition for our breakthrough technology winning several awards such as “Best New Technology”, “Best of Show”, “Video Product of the Year”, Deloitte Technology Fast 50’s 2015 “Companies to Watch” award and Deloitte Technology Fast 50’s 2014 “Jury favorite award” for leadership, business model, ethics and vision.
As part of our continued growth and commercialization effort, we are looking for driven candidates to be part of our team. We offer an attractive salary package and group benefits. Our modern offices are located in the beautiful Technoparc campus with free access to a fully equipped, onsite gym and fitness facility. At AptoVision, we believe in fostering a flexible work environment in order to facilitate a healthy work-life balance. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Field Application Engineer (FPGA/ASIC)
Do you have a passion for technology and helping others? Do you have a talent for explaining complex topics in ways that will inspire others to adopt a method, technology or solution vision? Can you troubleshoot complex, often intermittent issues? Are you patient and committed to seeing projects through to completion with a “can do” attitude? Can you work independently, supporting colleagues who are remote by sharing and collaborating?
With a fast-growing customer list, AptoVision is seeking a FPGA/ASIC Field Application Engineer to support pro-AV equipment manufacturers through their initial design considerations, completion of their design development, prototyping and/or bringing up their hardware products quickly.
The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. We value technical excellence, customer focus, professionalism and teamwork.
This position is located in Montreal, Canada and may involve some travel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Guiding all customers quickly from adoption of AptoVision FPGA technology through mass production by:
- Building strong direct relationships with customer technical teams
- Responding to customer queries and issue reports
- Troubleshooting and solving hardware design and development issues
- Engaging/teamworking with Aptovision engineering teams for more complex customer issues
- Providing on-site technical support to customers as determined by management
- Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Bachelors degree (4-year university) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in electronic board and system design, test, and validation, or
- Minimum of 3 years in hardware application engineering
- Hardware design experience, covering some/all of following:
- Complex ASIC or FPGA implementation
- Hardware architecture, design, test and troubleshooting
- Linux, software drivers, microcontrollers/microprocessors low-level S/W driver configuration
- Networking protocols and Ethernet switch configuration (IGMP, multicast, TCP and UDP)
- Able to demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills including lab testing and debug
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communications skills
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- The ability to work with engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers of various positions including executive level interaction
- Excellent PC usage skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to travel internationally
- Language required: fluent oral and written English
- Language assets: French, Mandarin, other