FPGA Design Engineer
Based in Ville St-Laurent, Quebec, AptoVision is a privately held corporation delivering cutting edge technologies for current and next generation Audio-Video (AV) signal processing and distribution systems. These are exciting times at AptoVision as we gain worldwide recognition for our breakthrough technology winning several awards such as “BestNew Technology”, “Best of Show”, “Video Product of the Year”, Deloitte Technology Fast 50’s 2015 “Companies to Watch” award and Deloitte Technology Fast 50’s 2014 “Jury favorite award” for leadership, business model, ethics and vision.
As part of our continued growth and commercialization effort, we are looking for driven candidates to be part of our team. We offer an attractive salary package and group benefits. Our modern offices are located in the beautiful Technoparc campus with free access to a fully equipped, onsite gym and fitness facility. At AptoVision, we believe in fostering a flexible work environment in order to facilitate a healthy work-life balance. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FPGA Design Engineer
AptoVison is seeking a qualified Hardware Engineer with FPGA design experience for high- speed digital design applications in the Audio-Video Industry.
Being a key member of the core development team, the candidate will work in a start-up environment to execute on AptoVision’s unique technology and deliver on the product roadmap. The candidate will be required to develop VHDL code to implement the functionality of the specified product on industry leading FPGA devices. The mandate will include designing, testing and troubleshooting VHDL code and finished products integrating such code.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following knowledge and skill-set:
- Video and audio standards: HDMI, HDCP, DisplayPort
- FPGA design using VHDL and Verilog (Programmable logic)
- Microcontroller Design
- Familiarity with Altera, Xilinx and/or Lattice FPGAs
- Digital system design, serial protocols, uC/uP design (H/W and F/W)
- Circuit simulation (ModelSim)
- Troubleshooting, failure analysis, documentation, reports
- Desire to work in a start-up environment with an ambition to be a key part of building a new technology company and benefiting from its success.
- You have completed a engineering. Bachelor’ degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in designing electronics and microprocessor or microcontroller systems.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in VHDL/Verilog coding for FPGA circuits, design Synthesis and simulation tools.