IT and Networking Guru
Based in Ville St-Laurent, Quebec, AptoVision is a privately held corporation delivering cutting edge technologies for current and next generation Audio-Video (AV) signal processing and distribution systems. These are exciting times at AptoVision as we gain worldwide recognition for our breakthrough technology winning several awards such as “BestNew Technology”, “Best of Show”, “Video Product of the Year”, Deloitte Technology Fast 50’s 2015 “Companies to Watch” award and Deloitte Technology Fast 50’s 2014 “Jury favorite award” for leadership, business model, ethics and vision.
As part of our continued growth and commercialization effort, we are looking for driven candidates to be part of our team. We offer an attractive salary package and group benefits. Our modern offices are located in the beautiful Technoparc campus with free access to a fully equipped, onsite gym and fitness facility. At AptoVision, we believe in fostering a flexible work environment in order to facilitate a healthy work-life balance. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
IT and Networking Guru
Do you consider yourself a guru when it comes to Information technology and infrastructure? Do you crave working in a technology driven, fast paced environment? Can you strike the right balance between following best industry practices and incorporating cutting edge products in a reliable and secure manner? Do you enjoy developing tools and applications which could be used to improve business efficiency and productivity? Are you patient and committed to helping others with their IT needs?
AptoVision is a manufacturer of advanced chipsets for the pro AV market. Our chips enable products that rely on Ethernet as a platform for distribution and switching for audio and video, and as a replacement for the traditional matrix switch. With a fast-growing team with every increasing IT infrastructure needs, AptoVision is seeking a hands-on expert to take over the implementation and maintenance of all things IT within the organization. In addition, since AptoVision’s disruptive technology often relies on the deployment of large scale networking infrastructure, the ideal candidate will also become the resident expert on internal education and training related to deployment of AptoVision technology within large IT networks.
The role requires a combination of strategic thinking, tactical responsibilities as well as hands-on daily tasks. Ramping up fast on a self-directed mission to understand every aspect of our IT needs is the key to success in this role.
- Day-to-day management and support of all IT requirements
- Own and manage all aspects of IT management within the company including but not limited to all IT assets such as networking equipment, build environments, personnel computers, backups, SaaS and cyber, network and data security
- Set up, administer, maintain and upgrade communication systems, local area networks and wide area networks
- Prepare long-term plans for grow-at-pace scalable infrastructure.
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to improve efficiency and enhance workflow
- Develop internal SW tools, applications and databases as needed to support company’s operational needs
- Coordinate the IT needs of remote employees and 3rd party service providers
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands
- Degree or certificate in information technology, computer science, networking or related field
- Experience in end-to-end administration of enterprise IT infrastructure
- Expert on all Microsoft software and linux environments
- Industry certifications (e.g. MS, Cisco etc.) a big plus
- Proven expert in all things IT and track record of maintaining IT structural integrity
- Demonstrable guru in knowledge and application of best practices with respect to IT and security
- Excellent communication and management skill
- Experience in enterprise business tools such as Salesforce, Sage 50 a plus
- Fully Bilingual – French and English