A Montreal-based company, AptoVision provides advanced chipsets for AV/KVM signal extension, matrix switching, IP-based switching, video-wall and multi-view applications. Enabling end-to-end systems, these chipsets also integrate advanced inline signal processing capabilities such as light compression, broadcast quality scaling and audio down-mixing. In 2014, AptoVision introduced its award-winning BlueRiver NT technology which forever changed the face of AV signal distribution by allowing installers and OEMs to replace traditional AV matrix switches with IP switches while delivering noticeably higher price/performance, flexibility and scalability.
Reporting to the Q.A. Manager, the Q.A. Analyst will assist on every aspect of final product delivery and continuous improvement of our product line.
Mainly, your tasks will be:
- Develop and improve the automated test environment.
- Create test plans and scenarios.
- Develop current test infrastructure.
- Product debugging in collaboration with R&D department.
- Execute manual tests required for periodical code releases.
- Assist test operators on bug reproduction, test plan execution and bug reporting (issue-tracking ticket).
- Follow-up, document and communicate test evolution, including regression tests.
Required Skills and Competences:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience on quality assurance.
- Excellent knowledge of test automation and scripting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, both in English and French.
- Experience on Linux environments.
- Experience on test automation using Python scripting.
- Task automation using Jenkins.
- Audio and video processing.
- Networking and packet analysis (Wireshark).