Based in Ville St-Laurent, Quebec, AptoVision is a privately held corporation delivering cutting edge technologies for current and next generation Audio-Video (AV) signal processing and distribution systems. These are exciting times at AptoVision as we gain worldwide recognition for our breakthrough technology winning several awards such as “Best New Technology”, “Best of Show”, “Video Product of the Year”, Deloitte Technology Fast 50’s 2015 “Companies to Watch” award and Deloitte Technology Fast 50’s 2014 “Jury favorite award” for leadership, business model, ethics and vision.
As part of our continued growth and commercialization effort, we are looking for driven candidates to be part of our team. We offer an attractive salary package and group benefits. Our modern offices are in the beautiful Technoparc campus with free access to a fully equipped, onsite gym and fitness facility. At AptoVision, we believe in fostering a flexible work environment to facilitate a healthy work-life balance. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Technical Support Specialist
With a fast-growing customer list, AptoVision is seeking an technical support specialist to support its network of dynamic and innovative pro AV equipment manufacturers, integrators and adopters. Your mission is to engage with customers during the full product life cycle, from evaluation to deployment. You will be a key member of a customer-centric team focused on rapid response to technical questions and issues reported by our clients.
AptoVision’s customers expect a high level of support during all phases of our engagement: evaluations of our demonstration platform, detailed hardware design and bring-up, software application design (interaction with our API), and finally “backstop” support for end user issues that arise in installations. The technical support specialist takes these as core areas of focus, leveraging co-location with the engineering team at the company’s Montreal HQ to address detailed customer needs in each phase.
You possess excellent communication skills as you will be actively engaged and communicating with customers as well as AptoVision’s product management team. You will represent the needs of the customer in internal interactions.
You will be successful by ramping up fast, on a self-directed mission to understand every layer of the AptoVision solution, including customer hardware as well as AptoVision’s chips, firmware, and software API. Secondly, providing these clients with technical support as they bring their solutions to market, is a key component for this position. A deep “under the hood” understanding will be key to success.
The technical support specialist is an integral member of the customer support team responsible for successful implementation of AptoVision products by our customers. Reporting to the senior manager of customer support, the technical support specialist will be a direct technical contact for customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- AptoVision product specialist
- Building strong direct relationships with members of customers’ technical teams
- Respond to customer queries and reports
- Triage and troubleshoot incoming issues, routing complex issues to the appropriate engineering team
- Provide on-site technical support to customers as needed
- Provide technical assistance for customers during their product bring-up and deployment phases
- Building strong direct relationships with customers’ technical teams
- Provide on-going support for AptoVision’s client base
- Data analysis, including:
- Data mining and filtering to identify trends support queries (i.e., What is working? What is not working?)
- Presenting results of data analysis to product management in order to prioritize fixes
Qualifications for the successful candidate will include:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in highly technical training, covering issues around design and system integration
- Computer engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience covering:
- Hardware test and troubleshooting
- Digital video systems; HDMI and image processing hardware
- Understanding of FPGA and ASIC devices
- Networking Protocols for video and audio transmission
- Understanding of scripting
- Ability to obtain data through effective Q&A
- Ability to work with engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers of various positions including executive level interaction
- Ability to travel on occasion (less than 10% of time)
- Excellent PC usage skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communications skills
- Language required: fluent oral and written English. French and other languages are an asset