Do you have a passion for technology and helping others? Do you have a talent for explaining complex topics in ways that will inspire others to adopt a solution vision? Can you troubleshoot complex, often intermittent issues under pressure? Are you patient and committed to seeing projects through to completion with a “can do” attitude? Can you work as part of a cohesive team, sharing and collaborating?
AptoVision is a designer and manufacturer of advanced chipsets for the pro AV market. Our chips enable products that rely on Ethernet as a platform for distribution and switching, and as a replacement for the traditional matrix switch. Our customers are product manufacturers in that space.
As part of our continued growth and commercialization efforts, we are looking for driven candidates to be part of our customer-focused team at our Montreal headquarters. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, in addition to comprehensive hands-on training and the opportunity to be part of a growing and enthusiastic organization. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Support Specialist
With a fast-growing customer list, AptoVision is seeking an technical support specialist to support its network of dynamic and innovative pro AV equipment manufacturers, integrators and adopters. Your mission is to engage with customers during the full product life cycle, from evaluation to deployment. You will be a key member of a customer-centric team focused on rapid response to technical questions and issues reported by our clients.
AptoVision’s customers expect a high level of support during all phases of our engagement: evaluations of our demonstration platform, detailed hardware design and bring-up, software application design (interaction with our API), and finally “backstop” support for end user issues that arise in installations. The technical support specialist takes these as core areas of focus, leveraging co-location with the engineering team at the company’s Montreal HQ to address detailed customer needs in each phase.
You possess excellent communication skills as you will be actively engaged and communicating with customers as well as AptoVision’s product management team. You will represent the needs of the customer in internal interactions.
You will be successful by ramping up fast, on a self-directed mission to understand every layer of the AptoVision solution, including customer hardware as well as AptoVision’s chips, firmware, and software API. A deep “under the hood” understanding will be key to success.
The technical support specialist is an integral member of the customer support team responsible for successful implementation of AptoVision products by our customers. Reporting to the senior manager of customer support, the technical support specialist will be a direct technical contact for customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- AptoVision product support specialist
- Building strong direct relationships with members of customers’ technical teams
- Respond to customer queries and reports
- Triage and troubleshoot incoming issues, routing complex issues to the appropriate engineering team
- Provide on-site technical support to customers as directed by management
- Primary technical contact point with customers during product bring-up and deployment phases
- Building strong direct relationships with customers’ technical teams
- Data analysis, including:
- Data mining and filtering to identify trends support queries (i.e., What is working? What is not working?)
- Presenting results of data analysis to product management in order to prioritize fixes
Qualifications for the successful candidate will include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in highly technical training, covering issues around design and system integration
- Electrical/electronics/SW engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience covering:
- Hardware test and troubleshooting
- Digital video systems; HDMI and image processing hardware
- Understanding of FPGA and ASIC devices
- Networking Protocols
- Linux, software drivers, microcontrollers/microprocessors low-level S/W driver configuration
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Ability to obtain data through effective Q&A
- The ability to work with engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers of various positions including executive level interaction
- Ability to travel on occasion (less than 10% of time)
- Excellent PC usage skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communications skills
- Language required: fluent oral and written English. French and other languages are an asset